The course is located in one of South East Asia’s most sensational settings, often described as a tropical paradise by tourists and earning the Els Club Teluk Datai a reputation as the most scenic of Malaysia’s many breath-taking golfing venues.
A million-year-old rainforest is the backdrop to the Championship course, with the surrounding appeal of the crystal-clear blue waters of the Andaman Sea. The five holes, which skirt the water’s edge, bring the other islands in the archipelago and Langkawi’s white, sandy beaches into full view, to the delight of all golfers.
The flawlessly manicured playing surfaces at The Els Club Teluk Datai are a constant, in true tribute to the design which carries its creator’s name. With no bunkers on the course, the layout relies on strategically placed tree-lines and a naturally meandering stream, spectacular views across the Andaman Sea and shadowed by the Mat Chinchang Mountains it is no wonder that it caught the eye of the ranking committee.
- Ernie Els championship design
- All golf cart course — carts are permitted on the fairways
- Golf carts have the latest state-of-the-art GPS system
- Full grassed driving range with multiple target greens
- Short-game practice areas for chipping and putting
- Hornbill Café
- The Els Lounge
- Fully stocked golf shop
- Full-amenity locker rooms
- Corporate and golf packages